Friday, July 22, 2011

TheWeekend Ride





I would like to take this opportunity to introduce my weekend ride, the Giant OCR2 road bike. My posts for the weekend ride spot consist of bikes that I come across in my weekday readings, this bike came from Craig's List. Recently I have aspired to train with the Clovis Hills Women on Wheels, WOW in preparation for the Valley Girls Ride in October, and while I’ve been riding my commuter/comfort bike (Miss Daisy), and I think she is well equipped for the task that would be at hand, I thought a road bike might be a more proper fit for the occasion.


Even though I had purchased this new ride on Monday of this week, I had not had the opportunity to really test ride it until this morning. Yes, it was time to get acquainted with this new lightweight, skinny tire, bullet, and see if we were compatible, after all training starts in six more days, and I wasn’t about to go into it without knowing anything about this new ride.



I started out a bit on the shaky side, but in no time at all I started getting a feel for the bike, and a understanding of what this particular kind of riding is all about, and after 21 miles I knew we were going to be good friends.

So more to come from my adventures on the Giant OCR2, from the rides we will experience on the roads we visit, off into the early morning sun, to the orange kissed skies of a early evening ride...Awww, life is good.

Happy Biking

6 comments:

Joel said...

That smile on your face is coming from the child within, it is of pure joy, the joy only a bike can bring. GOOD FOR YOU!!

sherrill said...

Thanks Joel.
You are right! As you and I have mentioned before, riding a bike brings out the freedom of the child within. Boy nothing like riding your bike and feeling good. Do you remember your child hood bike? Mine was a pink single speed, with a white banana seat, and a sissy bar. I think that might be a fun blog post. I don't remember the make, but it probably was a Schwinn.

That Pink Girl said...

Congrats on finding a new ride! You're going to love the swiftness of a road bike!

eva_whateva said...

Thanks for the info. I would love to ride with the group when I get my road bike. Something I've been wanting to get into for awhile now. @eva_whateva

eva_whateva said...

Thanks for the info. I would love to ride with the group when I get my road bike. Something I've been wanting to get into for awhile now. @eva_whateva

eva_whateva said...

Thanks for the info. I would love to ride with the group when I get my road bike. Something I've been wanting to get into for awhile now. @eva_whateva